Tell us about your ‘Big C’… in Parliament!
Catering, Curriculum, Community or Culture?
Calling all Food for Life Scotland Pathfinder Schools...
Imagine you had 5 minutes to tell Scotland's politicians about what good food means to you and your school - what would you say?
As one of Food for Life Scotland’s very first Pathfinder schools, we know there are some fantastic things already happening in your school. We want to hear stories that bring good food to life, to showcase as part of an exciting celebration event at the Scottish Parliament next year.
So, tell us, which ‘Big C’ Action Area have you chosen, and why?
Whether it’s Catering, Curriculum, Community or Culture, we all have a good food story to tell.
This is your chance to tell Scotland’s MSPs (and maybe even the First Minister!) all about your Food for Life journey.
Even if you're not a Pathfinder school, we still want to hear your good food stories! Tell yours here.
What do you need to do?
- Log on to www.foodforlifescotland.org
- Register your school, if you haven’t already, or log in to your account so we know who you are in case your school is selected
- Submit a story based on the following question:
Catering, Curriculum, Community or Culture: Which Action Area has your school chosen, and why does it matter to you and your school?
You could include information about what activities you are doing, how your FLAG group is coming along, what the Food for Life Catering Mark means to you and/or what food is like in your school.
- Groups that submit the most inspiring stories will be invited to tell their story in the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh as part of our Food for Life Scotland celebration evening on Tuesday 3rd February 2015.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 12th December. We’ll notify selected schools during w/c 15th December.
Ts and Cs
- The celebration evening takes place on the 3rd February 2015, from 6pm – 8pm.
- If attending the celebration evening in person, the opportunity to present your story in Parliament is available to group of up to 10 young people and 4 adults. Full names of all group members will be required in advance.
- If you are attending the celebration evening in person, the school will be responsible for transporting children to and from the Scottish Parliament and are responsible for the pupils’ welfare at all times. If required, the schools can request financial assistance towards the cost of travel incurred and invoiced for getting to the Scottish Parliament, up to the value of £300, to be agreed in advance with Food for Life Scotland.
- The most inspiring stories will be selected by Food for Life Scotland and our decision is final.
- Food for Life Scotland reserves the right to use entries in future marketing communications