4 simple steps to get your school started
Interested in how a whole-school approach to food and food education can enrich the learning environment in your school?
Just follow these four easy steps to help your school get started with Food for Life Scotland…
1. Read our Introductory Guide.
2. Register as a teacher or head teacher to access our resources. It’s free, and we’ll send you a Certificate of Registration for your school.
Once you're logged in, click on ‘See FFLS Resources’. Some key documents to help you get started are:
- Hints and Tips for Food for Life Action Groups
- Toolkits for each of the Four Action Areas; Culture, Catering, Curriculum and Community
- The Catering Mark Factsheets
3. Use these resources to get started on your Food for Life journey - they're packed with ideas and inspiration, and signpost you to lots of other useful organisations and materials.
4. Share your story!
Evidencing your Food for Life work is easy - just share your story on our website.
We want our schools and communities to learn from and share with one another, so watch our welcome video to find out how to share your stories and recipes, and browse other people's for inspiration and advice. There’s no limit to the amount of stories you can share – so be sure to add as many as you like. And please do spread the word – we want good food stories from everyone in your school community!
Questions, comments, or ideas? Please do get in touch with one of the Food for Life team – we love to chat and are happy to help.