Tasty Home Made Meatloaf
Makes 20 portions
- 500g Onions (finely chopped)
- 15g Garlic puree
- 170g Celery (finely chopped)
- 800g Farm assured minced beef
- 800g Farm assured pork mince or sausage meat
- 5 Free range eggs
- 170g Breadcrumbs
- 10g Ground pepper
- 75ml Worcester sauce
- 5g Mixed herbs
- 45ml Tomato ketchup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Dry fry the onions, garlic puree and celery until cooked. To avoid them sticking to the pan add a little water. Allow to cool.
- Puree the onion mix using a food processor or stick hand blender.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Put in the tin of your choice and cook in the oven for 45 minutes until a core temperature of 75°C has been reached.
Tips and variations
- This recipe can be cooked the day before, this will make it easier to slice the following day.
- The meatloaf can be cut into portions by hand or slice on the meat slicer.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.