Tangy Toast Fingers
Makes 20 portions
- 20 x Half and half bread slices
- 1.2kg Canned sardines in tomato sauce
- 500g Sliced mushrooms
- 10g Butter
- 3g Garlic puree
- Parsley fresh or dried
- Remove bones from sardines and mash sardines with a fork.
- Spread sardines onto toast.
- Cut toast into 3 equal slices.
Garlic mushroom version
- Melt the butter and fry the mushrooms until lightly coloured.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Spread the mushroom mixture on the hot toast.
- Cut the toast into 3 equal slices.
Tips and variations
You could serve these toast fingers in any variation you like. You could change the type of fish and use salmon or tuna. You could use a different vegetable, try creamed leeks from this recipe.