Special Fried Rice
Makes 10 portions
- 10ml Oil
- 400g Onions, peeled and chopped
- 400g Green peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 50g Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 300g Peas, frozen defrosted
- 1kg Farm assured cooked ham, chopped
- 15ml Soy sauce
- 750g Long grain rice
- Cook rice in pan of boiling water.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté onion, pepper and garlic.
- Add cooked meat to pan and heat through thoroughly.
- Drain cooked rice and mix with vegetables, adding peas and soy sauce.
- Stir to combine ingredients and heat through thoroughly.
Tips and variations
- Rice is best cooked fresh as cooked rice insufficiently reheated can cause bacillus cereus.
- Add any left over vegetables you may have, carrots or peppers work well, diced and added at step 4.