Roasted vegetable and tomato pasta pots
Makes 20 portions
- 60ml Vegetable oil
- 200g Onions
- 30g Garlic puree
- 300g Carrots
- 300g Sweet potati
- 150g Red peppers
- 150g Leeks
- 5g Mixed herbs
- 2.5kg Chopped tomatoes (tinned)
- 200g Cheddar cheese
- 800g Pasta shells
- 50g Vegetable bouillon
- 20g Sugar
- Chop the vegetables to your preference.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in oil, add the other vegetables and roast in the oven until browned.
- Place all roasted vegetables in a saucepan with the tomatoes, mixed herbs, bouillon and sugar.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes then blend to a smooth sauce
- Meanwhile cook the pasta shells; drain and toss in the sauce.
- Serve in a pasta pot sprinkled with or without cheese.
Tips and variations
Use whatever vegetables are in season in this dish.