Prime braised Aberdeenshire steak & pastry square
Makes 20 portions
- 1.2kg QMS shoulder steak (diced)
- 200g Onions (chopped)
- 200g Turnip (grated)
- 200g Carrots (grated)
- 25g Bisto
- 700ml Water
- 15g Beef bouillon
- 600g Puff pastry
- Brown the diced steak in a dry non-stick pan.
- Add the vegetables and stock and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Thicken the meat and vegetable mixture with the gravy granules.
- Transfer into a warmed serving dish and cover.
- Roll and cut the pastry into 20g squares. Cook and place on top of each portion of cooked meat.
Tips and Variations
Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.