Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Makes 20 portions
- 1.25kg Farm assured minced beef
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 2 Grated Onions
- 1 Free range egg
- 3 Large Onions (diced)
- 125g Carrots (diced)
- 50g Garlic puree
- 50g Bouillon
- 1l Water
- 3l Tinned tomatoes
- Bind mince, seasoning, onion and egg together and form mixture into walnut sized balls.
- Roast meatballs in the oven.
- While meatballs are baking, dissolve bouillon in the water, add tomatoes, onions, carrots and garlic, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste, adjust seasoning as appropriate.
- Heat until a minimum of 82C is reached, serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- Serve with pasta.
Tips and Variations
- Reducing the sauce concentrates it to give a rich, delicious flavour.
- You may like to blend the sauce to give a smoother texture.
- The meatball sauce can be served separately or combined with the meatballs.