Jammy Dodger Cakes
Makes 20 portions
- 350g Margarine (or butter)
- 500g Caster sugar
- 500g Self-raising flour
- 400g Eggs
- Baking powder
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 45g Porridge oats
- 125g Margarine (or butter)
- 85g Caster Sugar
- Cream together 350g margarine with the caster sugar.
- Add the self-raising flour and baking powder alternatively with the eggs until a dropping consistency.
- Add a little milk to loosen if nessesary.
- Reserve a 1/3 of the mixture and divide the 2/3 cake mix into individual cake cases.
- Top each of the jam portions with remaining sponge mix.
- Top each cake with some crumble mix and bake at 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4
- Cool the cakes slightly before eating as the jam will retain heat.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine to form a breadcrumb-type mixture.
- Sprinkle crumble mix on top of cakes.
- Then bake as above.