Makes 40 x 55g Fishcakes
- 50ml Oil
- 1kg Fish mix
- 1kg Mashed potato
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 Free range eggs, whisked
- 50g plain flour
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- Place fish in a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven or steamer until just cooked.
- Flake the fish
- Place the mashed potato, flaked fish, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, mix until combined.
- Shape the mixture into 40 fishcakes. Put in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or alternatively freeze before bread-crumbing.
- Dip each fishcake in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs until coated.
- Heat oil on a tray in a hot oven.
- Place fishcakes on the tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes turning midway until the fishcakes are golden brown and a core temperature of 75°C has been reached.
Tips and variations
Try serving fishcakes in a fish-shaped bread roll on a sea of cucumber to encourage children to try them.