Home-made Vegetable & Chickpea Curry
Makes 20 portions
- 150g Margarine or Butter
- 20g Knorr vegetable Bouillon paste
- 10g Ginger (Ground)
- 800g Potatoes- 5kg
- 400g Inverness-shire organic carrots
- 250g Onions
- 800g Chickpeas
- 200g Broccoli florets
- 200g Cauliflower 1kg
- 800g Chopped tomatoes
- 200g Red lentils
- 170g Celery (finely chopped)
- 200g Sweetcorn
- 45g Curry powder
- 10g Fresh garlic
- 2.5l Tap water
- 75g Tomato Paste
- Dice the onions/garlic, slice carrots/potatoes/celery, chop cauliflower/broccoli. Sweat them in the pan with the Stork.
- Add the curry powder and ginger and slowly add the stock.
- Add the remaining ingredients and slowly bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Tips and Variations
- If your children like dried fruit, you could add apricots, sultanas and prunes. If they do not like this you can cook the fruit down until a pure and add as a thickener to the sauce.
- You can serve this with brown rice or pitta/flat bread.