Easy Pasta Bolognaise
Makes 8 portions
- 550g Penne pasta
- 30ml Olive oil
- 400g Onions (chopped)
- 20g Fresh Garlic (chopped or minced)
- 700g Farm assured steak mince
- 5g Mixed herbs
- 5g Oregano
- 5g Paprika
- 20g Tomato paste
- 800g Chopped tomatoes
- 100g Cheddar cheese
- 100g Wholemeal loaf (made into breadcrumbs)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and add onions, cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute, add mince and brown.
- Stir in herbs, paprika, tomatoes and tomato puree, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir together drained pasta and sauce mixture, transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter over grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins at 190C/Gas 5.
- Remove foil and bake until heated through and until cheese is melted and browned (around 20 mins more)
Tips and Variations
- For a wee kick, or for older children and adults you can add 5g of chilli powder or a chopped fresh chilli to your taste.
- If you are feeling extra creative, why not try making your own pasta too?