Creamed rice with fresh seasonal fruit
Makes 20 portions
- 4L Semi skimmed organic milk
- 400g Pudding rice
- 200g Sugar
- 500g fresh seasonal fruit, chopped
- Grease baking tray, add the washed rice and sugar.
- Heat milk, pour over rice and sugar.
- Bake at 180c for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with chopped fresh fruit
Tips and variations
Berries are delicious in this dish during the summer, when they are in season and at their best. Stone fruits like peaches and plums also work well. If you don't have access to any fresh fruit, you can use tinned fruit, in natural juices.