Courgette noodle salad
Makes 15 portions
- 1kg courgettes, ‘peeled’ into thin strips using a potato peeler
- 5g/1 teaspoon salt
- 3g/ 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 500g cucumber, cut into thin strips like the courgettes
- 250g cooked rice noodles, or buckwheat (soba) noodles
- 50ml lime juice or lemon juice
- 30ml/2 tablespoons light olive/veg oil
- 60g/ small bunch mint and/or coriander leaves or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 3g/ 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
- Mix the courgette slices with the salt and sugar and allow to drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry and put in a bowl with the cucumber slices and noodles.
- When ready to serve, mix with the citrus juice, dried or fresh herbs, and seeds.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Tips and variations
- Roast the courgette pieces in an oven for a warm, cooked version.
- Add 250g baby spinach leaves for added iron, either raw or wilted in a pan