Makes 10 portions
- 300g Dried chickpeas (soak overnight)
- 15ml/1tbsp Olive oil
- 250g Chopped onion
- 100g Chopped courgette
- 100g Finely sliced carrots
- 2 x 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 5g/1tsp Cumin powder
- 5g/1tsp Coriander powder
- 5g/1tsp Turmeric
- 2g/1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 5g/1tsp Garam masala
- 5cm/1in Fresh ginger (grated)
- 10g/3 Cloves garlic
- 25g Vegetable bouillion
- ¾ pint Water
- If using dried chickpeas soak them overnight in water.
- Cook chickpeas in vegetable stock for approx 20 minutes.
- Heat wok or pan and add oil. Cook off carrots, onions and garlic.
- Add all dried spices. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stock. Add chopped courgette.
- Cook until all ingredients are cooked through (15-20 minutes).
- Serve with baked potato or brown rice.
Tips and variations
If you don't have time to soak dried chickpeas overnight you can use tinned chickpeas, replace the dried with a 425g tin of drained chickpeas to the above recipe.