Chicken & Rice Soup
Makes 20 portions
- 250g Long grain rice
- 800g Carrots (diced)
- 200g Leeks (diced)
- 400g Onions (chopped)
- 4L Water
- 80g Chicken bouillon
- 225g Farm assured fresh chicken (diced)
- 20g Parsley
- Dissolve the bouillon in hot water, add the diced vegetables cook for approx 40 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Add the raw chicken and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Add the long grain rice cook for a further 15 to 20 mins, taste, adjust seasoning / consistency as required.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Tips and variations
You can substitute the rice in this dish for pasta, or change the vegetables used to suit the season. Try adding some asparagus pieces in spring, garden peas during summer or diced pumpkin in autumn.