Makes 20 portions
- 675g Pasta
- 1.2kg Farm assured chicken breast
- 50g Chicken bouillon
- 575g Diced onions
- 130g Butter
- 500g Cheese
- 250g Tomato puree
- 125g Butter
- 125g Plain flour
- 2L Semi skimmed organic milk
- Disolve boullion in hot water to make stock.
- Gently poach the fresh chicken in the stock, retain the cooking liquid for the sauce.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for approx. 8 to 10 mins.
- Make white sauce using roux method.
- In a separate saucepan fry onions in butter until soft.
- Mix tomato puree into white sauce, add cooked onions, pasta , cooked chicken and half of the
- Place mixture in serving dish top with remaining cheese, bake in moderate oven for
25 mins or until a minimum temperature of 82c is reached.
Tips and variations
Serve with fresh salad or seasonal vegetables.