Chicken and vegetable curry with rice
Makes 20 portions
- 45ml Vegetable oil
- 750g Apples
- 750g Onion
- 45g Curry powder
- 5g Chilli powder
- 60g Plain flour
- 20g Chicken bouillon
- 1.5L Water
- 15ml Lemon juice
- 30ml Mango chutney
- 100g Sultanas
- 750g Carrots
- 1.2kg Cooked farm assured chicken breast
- 5g Garlic powder
- Soften onions in a little oil.
- Add curry powder, chilli powder, garlic powder and plain flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, sultanas, chutney, apples and lemon juice and mix thoroughly and heat through.
- Add chicken and bouillon then stir in water.
- Heat thoroughly and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
- Serve with boiled or steamed rice.
Tips and variations
Sultanas and apples in this dish are a great way to add sweetness without adding refined sugar.