Makes 20 portions
- 1kg Fresh vegetables (including courgettes, sweetcorn, peppers, mushrooms,onions)
- 400g Long grain rice
- 400g Diced eating apples
- 200g Diced onion
- 50g Curry powder
- 50g Mango chutney
- 100g Sultanas (optional)
- 20ml Olive oil
- 1.3L Water
- 30g Vegetable bouillon
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Disolve boullion in hot water, lightly cook diced vegetables in some of the stock, retain liquid.
- Heat oil in pan, sauté onions until soft.
- Add rice, curry powder, apples, mango chutney.
- Add stock including retained poaching liquid, simmer gently for approx. 15 mins
- Add cooked vegetables and sultanas, heat to a minimum of 82c is reached.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Tips and variations
You can add chicken to this vegetarian dish if you want to add a protein, brown off the chicken before sautéing onions.