Beetroot & Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 20 portions
- 400g Castor sugar
- 400g Butter
- 8 Free range eggs
- 2 Beetroots
- 12 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 400g Self-raising flour
- Beat together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, cocoa and grated beetroot.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Pile into 20 muffin cases.
- Bake in oven at 175 C / 350 F / Gas 4 for about 20 -25 mins.
- Cool & Serve
Tips and variations
- You can replace the beetroot in this delicious recipe with other types of vegetable. Why not try it with courgettes or pumpkin!
- Not only is the beetroot in this recipe healthy, but it gives the cupcakes a lovely purple/red colour too!