Beef Steak Pie
Makes 20 portions
- 1.6kg QMS Steak shoulder, diced
- 500g Onion, diced
- 2.5L Water
- 80g Bisto powder
- 30g Cornflour
- 600g Puff pastry
- 30ml Semi skimmed organic milk
- Brown the diced steak in a pan.
- Add onions and saute’ until soft.
- Slowly add water and stir. Cover & simmer until tender for approx 2.5 – 3 hrs.
- Add gravy mix & cornflour and mix to a paste. Stir through meat mixture.
- Cook pastry separately until golden brown.
- Serve portion of meat topped with puff pastry.
Tips and variations
QMS stands for Quality Meat Scotland, QMS farm assured meats have come from animals reared on farms which have been checked annually to ensure minimum legal UK welfare standards are being met on that farm.