Makes 24 portions
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 85g Light brown sugar
- 2 tbs Golden Syrup
- 350g Porridge oats
- .5 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Bananas (ripe, mashed)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and lightly butter a 23x33cm/ 9x13in Swiss roll tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl in the microwave (or in a pan over a very low heat), then tip in the oats , baking powder and a pinch of salt. Once combined, stir into the bananas and combine well, then tip into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are turning golden brown and it feels fairly firm all over.
- Remove and cut into bars while hot, then leave in the tin until cold before transferring to a wire rack.
Tips and Variations
- If you have bananas that are past their best, you can freeze them to use later in this dish. Freeze whole, in their skins and thaw before mashing. The skins will go black in the freezer, but don't worry, they're still good to use!