Apple and Cinnamon Crumble Bars
Makes 20 portions
- 1.125kg Apples (roughly chopped)
- 125g Raisins
- 125g Caster sugar
- 2.5tsp Cinnamon
- Zest of 2.5 Lemons
- 500g Plain flour
- 625g Soft brown sugar
- 1.25tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 375g Rolled oats
- 375g Margarine
- Preheat oven to 190c/375 f/ gas 5, place apples cinnamon and lemon zest on a low heat
- Cook until thickened and slightly darkened. Leave to cool.
- Mix together flour, sugar, bicarb, oats and butter until crumbly. Spread half the mixture into tin and press down.
- Pour apple mixture over base and top with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.